Wednesday 10 July 2013

Last Day of Class

Today was my final cooking class at Lenotre.  It was a lemon meringue tart class with one of my favourite teachers Pierre.  Pierre is the one who nearly had heart failure when I burnt the butter cream a few weeks ago.  We have since forged a great prof-student relationship.  He even giggled at me when someone else nearly burnt the sugar in today's class.  Quelle honte!

I thoroughly enjoyed the class but was a touch sad that it was marking the end of a great period in Paris. I just wish I could be a chef at home and have a professional kitchen and more importantly a dishwashing person so I never had to clean up.

After class I trundled down the street (none other than the Champs Elysee) to meet 'Olly and a couple of her work friends, Spain-tan Kate and Cupcake queen Emma, for a picnic lunch in the Tuileries.  My contribution to the picnic was my freshly baked tart.

Eating a freshly baked lemon meringue tart in the Tuileries with a view of the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Musee de l'orangerie and with the Parisian sun shining brightly is truly indulgent and something to treasure.  Thanks girls!


Finished product!
A bit of mint to top it off


Fresh out of the oven
Lime pieces on top
to spice things up.
After a quick snap freeze.


Pastry perfection